zaterdag 11 juni 2011

The delivery man

As many of you might heard, the spiritual wife and consort of Jamyang Khyentse Lodro, Khandro Tsering Chodron has recently passed away, you can read about it on khandrotseringchodron.org. Just before she passed away Stefan had the great idea of hanging prayer flags at the Great Stupa :


After Khandro passed away I was the only Rigpa person in Nepal at the moment, and so I was asked to bring offerings, letters and pictures to some Rinpoche's and monastery's, and Nepal has a lot of them! A great opportunity to become more familiar with Kathmandu and it's surroundings. One of the teachers I had to visit was Trulshik Rinpoche. He was residing at Solo Kumbo though, so I had to find the brother of his main assistent, Tenshuk-la.

When I arrived at the monastery, besides all the Nepali painters and craftsman, I saw one elderly monk moving stones. I asked for the brother of Trulshik Rinpoche's main attendant, and he said 'oh that's me'. After being served tea, I told him Khandro had passed away. He had not heard the news yet, and he was genuinly saddened. Immidiatly he called Solo Khumbu, requesting prayers to be done. I was really impressed by the man, he seemed very kind and genuine, and despite the fact that he was not so young any more, he didnt mind making his hands dirty!
Tenshuk-la

Geen opmerkingen: